Tuesday, January 25, 2005

Road Trip!

We went on a long drive to Kinabuhayan Cafe, a quaint little place in Dolores, Quezon.



It's great for people who've had a little too much of Manila and need to get away from it all. The place is conducive to sitting around and soaking it all in. It's got a lot of character and I thought that the way they put everything together was very pretty in an eclectic sort of way. There are Anahaw huts in the backyard that can be rented for a night or you can just sit in the living / dining room and enjoy a glass of wine or a bottle of beer with friends.



I especially enjoyed going up the tree house
(wish Poste was with me to scramble up the ladder)



On the outside, looking in...



Check-out the wildlife





It's an ideal take-off point for hikers / mountaineers going to Mt. Banahaw (although it may seem a little pricey for people working with a student's budget).

And the food...oh-la-la!
We had garlic chicken, mushroom risotto and a salad on the side.




It was fabulous! The food is so good it'll make your eyes roll into the back of your head. The tanginess of the salad coupled with the creaminess of the risotto then a sudden burst of flavor when you take the chicken into your mouth. Each bite was an experience! After every forkful, I'd put my utensils down and savor the blending of flavors. And after wistfully swallowing it down, I'd eagerly take my fork up and go through everything all over again. Sigh...it was such a happy meal.

Several weeks after the trip, Eric and I were still raving about it (thinking of the trip makes my mouth water!)

Talk about swamped! This trip was last November and I only posted it now. Oh well... Many thanks to hello.com Posted by Hello for making it easier for people like me to post pictures.

1 Comments:

Blogger Jen S said...

hi aims, just visiting. i hope you guys are a-ok. :) TC!

jay

2:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home